It’s another day & another opportunity to share a FREE crochet pattern, the Quick Easy Textured Beanie.
You’re going to love the crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie, because it’s so warm & easy to crochet.
What’s so great about this beanie crochet pattern is the fact that it is crocheted in bulky yarn, that means you know it’s going to keep you warm.
That also means you’re going to love using this hat throughout fall & winter.
For this crochet beanie you’ll need some warm yarn. The crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie was designed using Bernat Roving.
What’s amazing about this yarn is the fact that is super soft & feels great against the skin.
It’s a combination between wool & acrylic, which makes it both warm & comfy.
You can find the Bernat Roving yarn here.
THE PERFECT FALL & WINTER CROCHET PROJECT
The crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie was designed with fall & winter in mind. Imagine keeping yourself warm & cozy on those cold days.
While the crochet Quick Easy Textured Hat is a great ego make, it’s also made with Christmas in mind. The crochet beanie is definitely a great gift for Christmas. First of all it doesn’t take too long to crochet, but still it has all the details that makes it an interesting gift.
The crochet beanie was also made with thick yarn, & it will keep you warm throughout fall & winter season, while still looking good!
Since you like the crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET QUICK TEXTURED BEANIE – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie is a easy crochet pattern that uses beautiful stitches to create texture.
It’s crocheted with bulky yarn & because of that it keeps you super warm for fall & winter. Change up the colors or use multiple colors to make it fit your style.
The best thing about this beanie pattern is the fact that you can crochet it in just 1 evening or maybe just 1 hour.
Size 7 mm / US: – / UK: 2
Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Bernat – Roving.
Yarn amount used:
2 skeins / 127 g / 139 m / 152 yards
- 5 Bulky yarn.
- 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
Measured with front loop & back loop single crochet stitch crocheted in rounds:
12 stitches & 11 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Circumference: 56 cm / 22 inches
Height: 25 cm / 9.8 inches
*Measured with hat laying on a flat surface.
- Pattern is written for just one size.
- Make the beanie wider by adding extra stitches before you start row 1, increased with a number that can be divided by 2.
- Make the beanie narrower by reducing the number of stitches you make before you start row 1, decreased with a number that can be divided by 2.
- Make the beanie higher or shorter by adding or reducing the number of rounds you crochet.
BLsc = back loop single crochet
ch = chain(s)
FLsc = front loop single crochet
sc = single crochet
st = stitch(es)
yo = yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
BACK LOOP SINGLE CROCHET STITCH (BLsc):
Crocheted with the exact same steps as a normal single crochet, however you’ll only insert the hook in the back loop of the stitch.
FRONT LOOP SINGLE CROCHET STITCH (FLSC):
Crocheted with the exact same steps as a normal single crochet, however you’ll only insert the hook in the front loop of the stitch.
Crocheted in rounds from the bottom & up.
Ch 65 st, sl st in 1st ch.
Round 1: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), sc 1 in the next 64 st, sl st in 1st st (=65 st).
Round 2: Ch 1 ( counts as 1st st), PM in ch, *FLsc 1 in next st, BLsc 1 in next st*, repeat from *to* until you reach PM, do not end round (=65 st).
FLsc in ch, PM.
Work all following rounds:
*BLsc, FLSc*, repeat from *to* until beanie measures 25 cm / 9.8 inches, you have crocheted 29 rounds or you reach desired length.
FLsc stitches will be worked in BLsc stitches and vice versa.
Fasten off & cut yarn leaving yarn tail to finish the beanie.
- Thread the yarn tail from onto a needle.
- Insert it from the outside & through all the stitches around the top of the hat.
- When finished pull the yarn tightly to close the top of the beanie.
- Fasten threads & weave in ends.
- Make a pom-pom if you’d like & sew on.
- Sew fleece fabric to the inside if you wish (see quick & easy instructions here: https://joyofmotioncrochet.com/how-to-line-a-hat/).
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished crochet Quick Easy Textured Beanie on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.