You’re going to love the crochet Feels Like Fall Shawl. It’s a fun one skein wonder & it’s a great introduction to Tunisian crochet.
On this page you can find the FREE version of the crochet pattern. But I’ve added a coupon code for the PDF version of the pattern further down on the page so you can get this for only $1 when sign up for my newsletter.
Personally I’ve fallen in love with Tunisian crochet this year & especially making shawls!
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you). Read more here.
This website also contains ads, which makes it possible for me to provide FREE posts & crochet patterns.
This shawl is perfect for fall & because of that it got it’s name Feels Like Fall Shawl.
To crochet this shawl I’ve used 1 skein of Caron Cakes in the color Cinnamon Swirl..
It’s perfect for a one skein wonder shawl.
The yarn is 80 % Acrylic & 20 % Wool.
THE PERFECT FALL CROCHET SHAWL
The crochet Feels Like Fall Shawl is a great crochet project for fall, when you see the leaves turn into all those beautiful colors.
It’s truly inspired by falling leaves, with the lovely color featured in the pictures.
Since you like the crochet Feels Like Fall Shawl, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
FEELS LIKE FALL SHAWL – THE FREE TUNISIAN CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The crochet Feels Like Shawl is a great fall crochet shawl if you want to try Tunisian crochet. T
The shawl rows repeats throughout the shawl, & keeping track of stitch count is easy.
What’s most fun about this shawl is the amazing shape it creates & the fact that you only need 1 skein to make it.
TUNISIAN CROCHET HOOK:
Size 8 mm / US: L-11 / UK: 0
with a 60 cm / approximately 24 inch wire (or longer).
Caron Cakes in color Cinnamon Swirl.
Yarn amount used:
1 skein / 200 g / 350 m / 383 yards
- 4 Medium yarn
- 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
Measured with stitch pattern in rows, includes return:
11 stitches & 6 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
Matching gauge is not crucial for this pattern.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
- 127 cm / 50 inches measured along the outer edge.
- 101 cm / 40 inches measured along the final row.
- Make shawl smaller by reducing the number of rows you make.
- Make shawl bigger by adding extra rows in the same manner.
ch = chain (s)
Tdc = tunisian double crochet
Sk = skip
St = stitch (es)
yo = yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
TUNISIAN DOUBLE CROCHET (Tdc):
Yo, insert hook in next stitch, yo and pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2.
Each time you repeat, you’ll add 1 extra loop on the hook.
TECHNIQUES YOU WILL NEED:
STANDARD TUNISIAN RETURN (return):
Yo, pull through 1, *yo, pull through 2*, repeat from *to* until you have 1 loop on the hook.
WHERE IS THE FRONT VERTICAL BAR?
After crocheting the first return pass, you should be able to see distinct vertical bars. One in the front of the work (the front vertical bar) & one in the back (the back vertical bar).
CROCHET IN NEXT SPACE
Refers to the space (hole) made by a yarn over on the previous row.
You should then insert the hook in the space when crocheting the stitch instructed to “crochet in next space”.
*Always start the first stitch on each row in the second front vertical bar.
All stitches are made in the front vertical bar of the stitch unless “in next space” is specified.
Row 1: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), tdc 3 in 2nd ch from hook, return (=4 st).
Row 2: Ch 1, tdc 4 in next st, tdc 1 in next, you have 1 st left, do not crochet in last st, return (=6 st).
Row 3*: Ch 1, tdc 4 in next st, tdc 1 in next st, yo, sk 1 st, tdc 1 in next st, you have 1 st left, do not crochet in last st, return (=8 st).
*When you do a “yo” between tdc stitches, this counts as 1 stitch & creates spaces you will crochet “in” on the next row.
Row 4: Ch 1, tdc 4 in next st, *tdc 1 in next st, yo, sk 1 st*, repeat from *to* once, tdc 1 in next space, you have 1 st left, do not crochet in last st, return (=10 st).
Row 5: Ch 1, tdc 4 in next st, tdc 1 in next st, yo, sk 1 st, tdc 1 in next st, *yo, sk 1 st, tdc 1 in next space*, repeat from *to* until you have 1 st left, do not crochet in last st, return (=12 st).
Row 6 – 54: Repeat row 5.
The stitch count will increase with 2 stitches for each repeated row, ending with 110 stitches on row 54.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
Block the shawl.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet Feels Like Fall Shawl!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet Autumn Leaves Shawl that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet Feels Like Fall Shawl on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished crochet Feels Like Fall Shawl on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook.
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.