You’re going to love this FREE crochet pattern for this easy crochet shawl, because it’s such a simple design.
This easy crochet shawl isn’t going to require a lot of time to finish, just a few hours, depending on how fast you crochet.
Don’t forget to save on Pinterest!
Read about my inspiration & yarn I choose or scroll on down for the free pattern. Or simply grab the printable PDF pattern:
For this easy crochet shawl, Lily’s Sugar ‘N Cream, is the suggested yarn. This yarn is 100 % cotton & is super soft.
It comes in lots of different colors & you can never get bored.
Head’s up! This yarn comes in different skein sizes, so make sure you purchase enough yarn.
I’m sure you’re going to love this yarn & remember to comment below & let me know which color you’re using!
THE PERFECT EASY CROHET SHAWL
This easy crochet shawl is the perfect shawl for any season. Don’t get fooled by the snow in the picture above, this cotton shawl actually works best when it’s not too cold.
However, I would definitely make one for winter, just change it up with some warm yarn.
You’re going to love this easy crochet shawl shawl as it will keep your neck & shoulders warm when it’s just a little cold outside, it’s easy to grab when you’re traveling & works well when you need to bring something decorative with you.
Since you like this easy crochet shawl, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
EASY CROCHET SHAWL – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
About the pattern:
You’re going to love this easy crochet shawl. It’s a fast & fun crochet project & it’s not difficult to crochet.
Make it in cotton yarn for summer & fall, or change it up & use wool yarn for winter.
It’s going to be your favorite to bring when you need something to cover your shoulders or keep your neck warm.
- Crochet hook size 6 mm / US: J – 10 / UK: 4
- Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
- Cotton Yarn – 4 Medium Yarn:
- Worsted / 10 ply / 9 wpi
- YARN OPTIONS:
- Lily’s – Sugar’s Cream
- Find it here: https://joyofmotioncrochet.com/etsylilysugarncreamsearch
- YARN AMOUNT:
- 2 skeins á 3 oz / 255g / 414m / 450yards
- Find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
- Blocking materials
Measured with double treble crochet stitch clusters crocheted in rows:
5 stitches and 3 rows per 10 cm / 4’’.
Size & Measurements:
Width: 148 cm / 58.25 inches
Length: 89 cm / 35 inches
- Make shawl smaller by reducing the number of rows you make.
- Make shawl bigger by adding extra rows in the same manner.
Ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
Cont = continue
Prev = previous
St = stitch (es)
Yo = yarn over
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measures at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge.
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis. It includes starting 1 start stitch counting as 1 stitch.
Stitches You Will Need:
Ch 2, tr 1, are made in 1st st.
Counts as 1st DTCS.
*This stitch will be used at the beginning of each row, starting with row 2. Made in the last stitch from previous row.
Crocheted from the pointy end to the top, with increasing stitches for each row.
Crocheting in the 1st stitch means in this pattern that you crochet in the last stitch made on previous row.
Row 1: Tr 1 in 3rd ch from hook, turn (=1 st).
Row 2: 1 start st, DTCS 2 in same st from prevrow, turn (=3 st).
Row 3: 1 start st, DTCS 1 in 1st st, DTCS 1 in next st, DTCS 2 in next st, turn (=5 st).
Row 4: 1 start st, DTCS 1 in 1st st, *DTCS 1 in all st until you have 1 st left*, DTCS 2 in last st, turn (=7).
Rows 5-31: Repeat row 4 until you have crocheted 31 rows or you reach desired length.
Each row will increase 1 stitch at the beginning & 1 stitch at the end, increasing 2 stitches per row.
From 7 stitches on row 4 to 61 stitches on row 31.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
Block shawl to specified size.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked this easy crochet shawl!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet shawl that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished easy crochet shawl on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished eash crochet shawl on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.