You’re going to love these crochet coasters, because they’re so beautiful & quick to make at the same time.
When creating this pattern I wanted to create a quick crochet pattern for my ever growing yarn stash!
These are going to be used over & over, but also save my furniture from those coffee spills.
Read about my inspiration & yarn I choose or scroll on down for the free pattern. Or simply grab the printable PDF pattern:
This cotton yarn makes the perfect home accessories.
I’ve also used this yarn for the Flores Top earlier & I really love working with it.
THE PERFECT STASH BUSTING CROCHET PROJECT
These crochet coasters can be made with just some left over cotton yarn & still have lots of practicality.
I drink a lot of coffee & there’s always stains.
But these crochet coasters will save my tables & they’re quick & easy to wash as well.
Yes, I know choosing white may not have been the wisest choice, but I was working with left over yarn!
Since you like these crochet coasters, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET COASTERS PATTERN – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
These crochet coasters are the perfect quick stash busting crochet project. They are easy to make, offers a great look & keeps those coffee spills off your wooden tables.
They can easily be washed & used over & over.
This is a really quick easy crochet project using your left over yarn.
Size 6 mm / US: J – 10 / UK: 4
Hook I used: Symphonie Rose Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Yarn amount used:
<1 skein of each color.
- 4 medium yarn.
- 100 % mercerized cotton
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
Measured with “Back & Front Loop Single Crochet Stitch” crocheted in rows:
16 stitches & 16 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
10 cm / 4 inches wide & 10 cm / 4 inches long
- Add/reduce the number of stitches you start with to make them wider.
- Add/reduce the number of rows you crochet to make them longer.
BLsc = back loop single crochet
Ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
crab st = crab stitch
FLsc = front loop single crochet
St = stitch (es)
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
To crochet this pattern you are going to have to know (tutorials linked):
Ch 15 st.
Row 1: Sc 1 in 3rd ch from hook, sc 1 in each ch, turn (=14 st).
Row 2: Ch 1, *BLsc 1 in next st, FLsc 1 in next st*, repeat from *to* until you have 1 st left, sc 1 in next st, turn (=14 st).
Row 3-13: Repeat row 2 .
Round 1: Sc evenly around the square, 14 stitches on each side, sl st in 1st sc (=56 st).
Round 2: Crab st 1 in every sc, working in the opposite direction, sl st in 1st st (=56 st).
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet coasters!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet coasters that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet coasters on Love Crafts.
- Share your finished crochet coasters on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.