You’re going to love the Lunt Striped Scarf with Fringe, it’s a great fall and winter accessory.
This scarf is named “Lunt”, it’s Norwegian & can be translated to something in between sheltered & cozy. At least how I use those words in both languages.
As the name suggests, it’s a warm and cozy scarf for those cold seasons.
This crochet scarf pattern was created as a freelance design with Lion Brand Yarn, that means I’ve received their yarn to create this pattern. That also means you can find this pattern featured on their website at some point.
Read about my inspiration & yarn I choose or scroll on down for the free pattern. Or simply grab the printable PDF pattern:
The yarn is 95 % Nylon and 5 % Angora and is really soft to touch.
It was a pleasure to work with.
This yarn comes in a selection of beautiful colors.
A SIMPLE YET LUXURIOUS DESIGN
The Lunt Striped Scarf with Fringe is a combination between simple and luxurious at the same time. The Stripes are classic and simple, but the yarn gives you the feel of luxe.
This means you can both dress up and down this scarf. Wear it with jeans & your favorite winter coat, or dress it up with your beautiful holiday dress.
Since you like the Lunt Striped Scarf With Fringe, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET LUNT STRIPED SCARF WITH FRINGE – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The Lunt Striped Scarf with Fringe is a beautiful crochet shawl for fall and winter. Dress it up or down, and use it in almost any occasion. With jeans or a dress, you choose.
Combine your two favorite colors & make this beautiful scarf as a crocheted gift or keep it yourself.
Size 5.5 mm / US: I-9 / UK: 5
Hook I used: Symphonie Rose Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Yarn amount used:
Color A: 2 skeins
Color B: 2 skeins
- 3 light yarn
- 95 % nylon, 5 % Angora
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here
Measured on stitch pattern crocheted in rows:
22 stitches & 16 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width: 11 inches / 28 cm
Height: 70 inches / 178 cm
CA – color A
CB – color B
ch – chain
ch-space – refers to chain or space previously made
dc – double crochet
prev – previous
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st – stitch(es)
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
FANS AND EYES:
The pattern is based on the Fans and Eyes Crochet Stitch, you can view a photo tutorial here.
With CA ch 319 st.
Row 1 (with CA): dc 3 in 5th ch from hook (skipped stitches counts as 1 dc & sk 1 st), sk 1 st, *sl st in next st, sk 1 st, dc 3 in next st, sk 1 st*, repeat from *to* until you have 1 st left, dc 1 in last st, turn (=317 st).
Row 2 (with CB): ch 2 (counts as 2 st), sk 1 st, sl st in next st, *ch 3, sk 3 st, sl st in next st* repeat from *to* until you have 2 st left, ch 1, sk 1 st, sl st in next st, turn (=317 st).
Row 3 (with CB): ch 2 (counts as 1 dc), sk 1 st, dc 3 in sl st from prev row, *sl st in ch-space from prev row, dc 3 in sl st from prev row*, repeat from *to* until you have 2 st left, sk 1 st, dc 1 in last st, turn (=317 st).
Row 4-5 (with CA): Repeat row 2-3.
Continue repeating rows 2-3 changing colors as established until you have crocheted 45 rows.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Cut strands of yarn about 9 in. (23 cm) long. For each fringe, hold 4 strands of yarn together and fold in half.
Use crochet hook to draw fold through edge of piece, forming a loop. Pull ends of fringe through this loop. Pull to tighten. Make 1 fringe per stripe along each short end of scarf, using color A.
Trim fringe evenly to about 3.5 in. (9 cm) long.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the Lunt Striped Scarf with Fringe!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your Lunt Striped Scarf with Fringe that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Lunt Striped Scarf with Fringe on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.