You’re going to love the Slip Stitch Twist headband, because it’s such an easy make, it’s double brimmed & it’s such an amazing gift idea!
The best thing about this headband is the beautiful twist in the front & it will keep you nice & warm!
The yarn base for this yarn is called Airy & is a chained yarn, that makes anything you crochet with it light while still offering density.
What I’m most excited about is the fact that the yarn used is our own Joy of Motion Yarn.
The color pictured is “Dypt Hav” & it’s a 100 % merino yarn.
THE PERFECT GIFT TO SOMEONE CROCHET PROJECT
This headband is definitely the perfect crochet gift idea for women. It looks really expensive, but it’s also easy & affordable to make.
Make it with any yarn you’ve got at hand, & you’ll have the gift ready in just a few short hour or a couple of days!
Since you like the crochet Slip Stitch Twist Headband, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET SLIP STITCH TWIST HEADBAND – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The crochet Slip Stitch Twist Headband is a beautiful double brimmed ear warmer crochet pattern.
It is skill level easy, because it’s mostly slip stitches that repeats.
This pattern is written for only one size, but it is super easy to customize it to your own needs. Suggestions on size adjustments is written out in the pattern.
Size 4.5 mm / US: 7 / UK: 7
Hook I used: Symphonie Rose Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Joy of Motion Yarn – Airy DK in color Dypt Hav
Yarn amount used:
<1 skein / 70 g / 175 m / 191 yards
- 3 light yarn, DK yarn.
- 100 % Superwash Merino
- Chained ply
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
Measured with BL sl st crocheted in rounds:
25 stitches & 34 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width: 8.5 cm / 3.3 inches
Length (before crossing & seaming): 47 cm / 18.5 inches
- Adjust width by adding /reducing the number of stitches you start with, increased/decreased by 1 stitches at a time.
- Adjust length by crocheting more / less rows than suggested.
beg = beginning
BL = back loop
FSC = foundation single crochet
PM = place marker
prev = previous
Rep = repeat
Sl st = slip stitch (tutorial)
St = stitch (es)
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
FOUNDATION SINGLE CROCHET STITCH (FSC):
Step 1: Ch 2 st.
Step 2: Insert hook into 2nd ch from hook, pull up a loop. Yo and pull through first loop (making “chain”). Yo and pull through both loops on hook.
Step 3: Insert hook into prev “chain” you made (It should look like you go through a resemblance of a “normal” st, with 2 strands of yarn), pull up a loop, yo and pull through first loop (making “chain”). Yo and pull through both loops on hook.
Repeat step 3 until you’ve made enough stitches. *2nd ch in step 1 makes 1 st, step 2 makes 1 st & every time step 3 is repeated you make 1 st.
Make 45 stitches using the FSC method, sl st in 1st st.
Round 1: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), PM in ch, sl st in BL of each st until you reach PM, do not end round (=45 st).
Sl st in BL of ch, PM.
Work all following rounds:
Sl st in BL of all st until headband measures 47.5 cm / 18.7 inches, you have crocheted 145 rounds or you reach desired length.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
- Cross the headband once lengthwise.
- Seam the short edges together with a needle.
- Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet Slip Stitch Twist Headband!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet Slip Stitch Twist Headband that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet Slip Stitch Twist Headband on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished crochet Slip Stitch Twist Headband on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.