It’s another day & another opportunity to share a FREE crochet pattern, the Crochet Gyri Headband.
You’re going to love the crochet Gyri Headband, because it’s so warm & easy to crochet.
What’s so great about this ear warmer crochet pattern is the fact that it is crocheted in bulky yarn, that means you know it’s going to keep you warm.
That also means you’re going to love using this headband throughout fall & winter.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you). Read more here.
This website also contains ads, which makes it possible for me to provide FREE posts & crochet patterns.
The crochet Gyri Headband was made with a yarn from Lion Brand Yarn called Wool-Ease Chunky.
This yarn is 80% acrylic & 20 % wool & it is great to crochet with.
The wool makes it warm & it’s a great affordable yarn.
It comes in lots of different colors & you can never get bored.
I’m sure you’re going to love this yarn & remember to comment below & let me know which color you’re using!
THE PERFECT FALL & WINTER CROCHET PROJECT
The crochet Gyri Headband is designed with fall & winter in mind. Imagine keeping yourself warm & cozy on those cold days.
While the crochet Gyri Headband is a great ego make, it’s also made with Christmas in mind. The crochet ear warmer is definitely a great gift for Christmas. First of all it doesn’t take too long to crochet, but still it has all the details that makes it an interesting gift.
The crochet headband is also made with thick yarn, & it will keep you warm throughout fall & winter season, while still looking good!
Since you like the Gyri Headband, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET GYRI HEADBAND – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The crochet Gyri Headband is a easy crochet pattern that uses beautiful stitches to create ribbing.
It’s crocheted with bulky yarn & because of that it keeps you super warm for fall & winter. Change up the colors or use multiple color to make it fit your style.
The best thing about this ear warmer pattern is the fact that you can crochet it in just 1 evening or maybe just 1-2 hours.
Size 8 mm / US: L – 11 / UK: 0
Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Lion Brand Yarns – Wool-Ease Chunky.
Yarn amount used:
1 skein / 105 g / 105 m / 115 yards
- 5 Bulky yarn.
- 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
- Measuring tape
Measured with front post & back post double crochet stitch crocheted in rows:
12 stitches & 8 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis. It includes 2 (starting chains) that counts as 1 stitch.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width: 25.5 cm / 9.8 inches
Height: 13 cm / 5.1 inches
*Measured with headband laying on a flat surface.
** Will fit good for a 51-56 cm / 20-22 inch head circumference (see size adjustments).
- Pattern is written for just one size.
- Make the headband wider by adding extra stitches before you start row 1.
- Make the headband narrower by reducing the number of stitches you make before you start row 1.
- Make the headband higher or shorter by adding or reducing the number of rows you crochet.
BPdc = back post double crochet
ch = chain(s)
dc = double crochet
prev = previous
st = stitch(es)
yo = yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
FOUNDATION SINGLE CROCHET (FSC):
Step 1: Ch 2 st.
Step 2: Insert hook into 2nd ch from hook, pull up a loop. Yo and pull through first loop (making “chain”). Yo and pull through both loops on hook.
Step 3: Insert hook into prev “chain” you made (It should look like you go through a resemblance of a “normal” st, with 2 strands of yarn), pull up a loop, yo and pull through first loop (making “chain”). Yo and pull through both loops on hook. Repeat step 3 until you’ve made enough stitches.
*2nd ch in step 1 makes 1 st, step 2 makes 1 st & every time step 3 is repeated you make 1 st.
FRONT POST DOUBLE CROCHET STITCH (FPdc):
Yo, insert your hook from front to back between the prev st & the st you’re working, & bring it to the front again between the st you’re working & the next st, yo & pull up a loop, you have 3 loops on the hook, yo & pull through 2 of the 3 loops, yo and pull through the 2 last loops.
BACK POST DOUBLE CROCHET STITCH (BPdc):
Yo, insert your hook from back to front between the prev st & the st you’re working, & bring it to the back again between the st you’re working & the next st, yo & pull up a loop, you have 3 loops on the hook, yo & pull through 2 of the 3 loops, yo and pull through the 2 last loops.
Crocheted in rows from the bottom & up.
Make 58 st using the FSC technique, turn.
Row 1: Ch 2 st (counts as 1st st), dc 1 in the next 57 st, turn (=58 st).
Row 2: Ch 2 st (counts as 1st st), *FPdc 1 in next st, BPdc 1 in next st*, repeat from *to* until end of row, turn (=58 st).
Row 3-10: Repeat row 2.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten thread & weave in ends.
Fold headband double. Seam the headband on the short edge with the yarn used, with either slip stitches & a hook or stitching with a needle.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the Gyri Headband!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your Gyri Headband that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Gyri Headband on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished Gyri Headband Pouch on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.
JOY OF MOTION & THIS PATTERN TAGGED ON INSTAGRAM