It’s another day & another opportunity to share a FREE crochet pattern, the crochet Bellus Headband.
This crochet headband offers lot’s of texture & is a quick crochet make as it’s crocheted back and forth in rows, no increases or decreases.
The stitch pattern is quite easy, as I’m happy say it’s only basic crochet stitches.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you). Read more here.
This website also contains ads, which makes it possible for me to provide FREE posts & crochet patterns.
To crochet the Bellus Headband I used scrap yarn, unfortunately I couldn’t remember the yarn name or brand. I think it’s a really good thing to use scrap yarn when you crochet & you can find ideas I’ve collected here.
Because of the fact that I didn’t know the yarn brand, I’ve searched for a substitute that works 100 % for this pattern. The final look might be different, but you could also use your own scrap yarn.
If you’d like a substitute, you should try Rowan Felted Tweed Aran.
THE PERFECT SCRAP YARN CROCHET PROJECT
The Bellus Headband is designed with winter in mind. It’s the perfect pattern when you want to use some leftover yarn, because you don’t need much.
While the crochet Bellus Headband is a scrap yarn crochet project, it’s also made with Christmas in mind. The crochet headband is definitely a great gift for Christmas. First of all it doesn’t take too long to crochet, but still it has all the details that makes it an interesting gift.
Since you like the crochet Bellus Headband, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET BELLUS HEADBAND – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The Bellus Headband crochet pattern for a headband or ear warmer. This headband can be modified to fit any head circumference.
Put this to use & keep yourself warm throughout fall & winter season. Take this headband on for a walk, to go skiing or snowboarding. Give it your own look with your choice of color & buttons.
Size 5 mm / US: H – 8 / UK: 6
Hook I used: Wave Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Scrap yarn, by unknown brand. Use what you have for this headband.
However comparable yarn is:
Rowan – Felted Tweed Aran
Yarn amount used:
2-3 skeins: 100-150 g /174-261 m / 190-285 yards
- 4 medium yarn, Aran yarn.
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
Measured with woodland stitch combination crocheted in rows:
18 stitches & 11 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width: 11 cm / 4.2 inches
Height: 57 cm / 22.4 inches
- Make the headband wider or narrower by adding extra stitches before you start row 1, added/reduced by 3 stitches at a time.
- Adjust headband circumference by adding/reducing the number of rows you crochet.
ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
dc = double crochet
prev = previous
sk = skip(pped)
st = stitch (es)
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
This headband is crocheted widthwise.
Ch 21 st.
Row 1: Sc in 3rd ch from hook, sc in all ch from prev row, turn (=20 st).
Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as 1 st), sk 1 st, sc 1 in next st, ch 2, sc 1 in same stitch, *sk 2 st, sc 1 in next st, ch 2, sc 1 in same stitch*, repeat from * to * until you have 2 st left, sk 1 st, hdc 1 in last st, turn (=26 st, 6 ch loops).
Row 3: Ch 3 st (counts as 1 st), *dc 3 in ch loop*, repeat from *to* in all ch loops, dc 1 in last st, turn (= 20 st).
Row 4-26: Repeat row 2-3 every other row.
Row 27 (button row): Ch 2 (counts as 1 st), sk 1 st, sc 1 in next st, ch 5, sc 1 in same stitch, *sk 2 st, sc 1 in next st, ch 2, sc 1 in same stitch*, repeat from * to * 1 more time, sk 1 st, sl st between the skipped stitch and the next st (between 2 dc st), ch 5 st, sl st in same place, sk 1 st, sc 1 in next st, ch 2, sc 1 in same stitch, sk 2 st, sc 1 in next st, ch 2, sc 1 in same stitch, sk 2 st, sc 1 in next st, ch 5, sc 1 in same stitch, sk 1 st, hdc 1 in last st (=26 st, 4 ch loops, 3 button holes).
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads, weave in ends & attach buttons.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet Bellus Headband!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet Bellus Headband that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet Bellus Headband on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished crochet Bellus Headband on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.