It’s another day & another opportunity to share a FREE crochet pattern, the Crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer.
Today I’m sharing the first Design Create Repeat design, a collaboration with 4 other crochet designer. You can read more about it here, but you can also find the other designers linked further down + join January’s GIVEAWAY (while it’s open!)
But if you want to see all of them, click through this link & visit Counting Crafty Sheep & go through all January Design Create Repeat patterns.
Disclosure. The blog posts on this website may contain affiliate links. This means I’ll get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (with no additional cost to you). I only use these for products I use & have a great experience with & I feel gives value to you. Read more about my reasoning here.
This website also contains ads, which makes it possible for me to provide you FREE blog posts & crochet patterns. By sharing my content you make it possible for me to continue publishing FREE content. All content is shared with a good intention & is meant to inspire you to crochet! Thank you!
You’re going to love the crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer, because it’s so warm & easy to crochet.
What’s so great about this ear warmer crochet pattern is the fact that it is crocheted in bulky yarn, that means you know it’s going to keep you warm.
That also means you’re going to love using this headband throughout fall & winter.
For this crochet ear warmer you’ll need some warm yarn. The crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer was designed using Bernat Roving.
What’s amazing about this yarn is the fact that is super soft & feels great against the skin.
It’s a combination between wool & acrylic, which makes it both warm & comfy.
You can find the Bernat Roving yarn here.
THE PERFECT FALL & WINTER CROCHET PROJECT
The crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer was designed with fall & winter in mind. Imagine keeping yourself warm & cozy on those cold days.
While the crochet Quick Classic Headband is a great ego make, it’s also made with Christmas in mind. The crochet ear warmer is definitely a great gift for Christmas. First of all it doesn’t take too long to crochet, but still it has all the details that makes it an interesting gift.
The crochet ear warmer was also made with thick yarn, & it will keep you warm throughout fall & winter season, while still looking good!
Since you like the crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET QUICK CLASSIC EAR WARMER – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer is a easy crochet pattern that uses beautiful stitches to create texture.
It’s crocheted with bulky yarn & because of that it keeps you super warm for fall & winter. Change up the colors or use multiple colors to make it fit your style.
The best thing about this ear warmer pattern is the fact that you can crochet it in just 1 evening or maybe just 1 hour.
Size 7 mm / US: – / UK: 2
Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Bernat – Roving.
Yarn amount used:
<1 skein / 50 g / 54.5 m / 60 yards
- 5 Bulky yarn.
- 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
- Measuring tape
- Stitch marker
Measured with front loop & back loop double crochet stitch crocheted in rounds:
11 stitches & 10 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis. It includes 2 (starting chains) that counts as 1 stitch.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Circumference: 56 cm / 22 inches
Height: 10 cm / 4 inches
*Measured with headband laying on a flat surface.
** Will fit good for a 56 cm / 22 inch head circumference (or see size adjustments).
- Pattern is written for just one size.
- Make the headband wider by adding extra stitches before you start row 1, increased with a number that can be divided by 2.
- Make the headband narrower by reducing the number of stitches you make before you start row 1, decreased with a number that can be divided by 2.
- Make the headband higher or shorter by adding or reducing the number of rounds you crochet.
BLsc = back loop single crochet
ch = chain(s)
FLsc = front loop single crochet
sc = single crochet
st = stitch(es)
yo = yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
You will need to use chains, single crochet stitches, back loop single crochet & front loop single crochet.
BACK LOOP SINGLE CROCHET STITCH (BLsc):
Crocheted with the exact same steps as a normal single crochet, however you’ll only insert the hook in the back loop of the stitch.
FRONT LOOP SINGLE CROCHET STITCH (FLSC):
Crocheted with the exact same steps as a normal single crochet, however you’ll only insert the hook in the front loop of the stitch.
Crocheted in rows from the bottom & up.
Ch 64, sl st in 1st ch.
Round 1: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), sc 1 in the next 63 st, do not end round* (=64 st).
The following rounds is be crocheted in spiral without ending rounds with slip stitches. PM in 1st st on round 2 to easily identify the beginning of the round. Move stitch marker when you pass it on each round.
Round 2: *FLsc 1 in next st, BLsc 1 in next st*, repeat from *to* until end of round, do not end round (=64 st).
Round 3-9: Repeat round 2.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten thread & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer on Love Crochet .
- Share your finished crochet Quick Classic Ear Warmer on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.
JANUARY – DESIGN CREATE REPEAT PATTERNS
4. Quick Classic Ear Warmer by Joy of Motion Crochet (THIS PATTERN)
JANUARY – DESIGN CREATE REPEAT GIVEAWAY
DESIGN CREATE REPEAT, JOY OF MOTION & THIS PATTERN TAGGED ON INSTAGRAM