You’re going to love the crochet pattern for the Crochet Glasses Case.
It’s actually one of my very first designs & I’m still loving it just as much! This cute crochet glasses case or crochet sunglasses pouch is a quick crochet pattern & perfect for summer.
You can choose if you’d like to just crochet it, or also line it. All can be done by hand & no sewing machine needed!
Love this pattern? Save to Pinterest!
To crochet this cute sunglasses pouch or crochet glasses case, I’ve used some sturdy cotton yarn, because I think that is essential to keep your sunglasses safe. It can be made with any cotton yarns or anything you find among your left over yarns, it’s great to use when crocheting those cute & small crochet projects.
You can essentially use any yarn for this project, but I recommend using a yarn that can withstand some wear & tear. The yarn shouldn’t be too soft either, as it should be used as a stiff protection for your sunglasses.
Related: Quick Summer Crochet Ideas.
Also related: One skein crochet ideas.
THE PERFECT SPRING & SUMMER CROCHET PROJECT
Why crochet a glasses pouch?
Well’ if you’re anything like me, your glasses go with you everywhere, however I don’t use them all the time. But just putting them straight into your handbag isn’t the best solution. Because everything gets placed there right?
Your keys, your phone, your wallet….your everything. Most likely that means there’s also a lot of sharp edges in there & thus you’ll end up with some really ugly sunglasses that looks really old & are full of scratches.
That’s the main reason why I made this crochet glasses case pattern.
However, I also think that having something handmade in your purse makes so much sense. Or why not multiple handmade crocheted items?
Since you like the crochet glasses case, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET GLASSES CASE – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
About the pattern:
You’re going to love this crochet glasses case pattern, because it is so EASY! This crochet pattern is such a great stash busting crochet pattern.
The crochet glasses or sunglasses case is lined with fabric, but it’s up to you, it can look just as pretty just crocheted.
- Crochet hook size 4,5 mm / US: 7 / UK: 7
- Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
- Cotton Yarn – 4 Medium Yarn:
- Yarn I used: Cotton Yarn from Thailand
- Yarn amount: 1-2 skeins / 50-100 g / 75-100 m / 82 – 164 yards
- Find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
- Sewing needle to attach fabric
- Sewing thread
- Fabric measuring 40 cm / 15.7’’ x 13 cm / 5.11’’
Measured with the bubblepattern crocheted in rounds:
15 stitches and 13 rows per 10 cm / 4 inch.
Size & Measurements:
Width: 8,5 cm /3.3 inches
Length: 17 cm / 6.7 inches
BP = bubblepattern (tutorial)
Ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
cont = continue
Prev = previous
sk = skip
St = stitch (es)
yo = yarn over
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measures at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook.
- Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details). • Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge.
- This pattern is written for 1 size.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
Stitches you will need:
When crocheting this stitch in spiral, you will place the bubble in a chain from previous round.
Crocheted in spiral from bottom to top, without ending rounds.
On round 1 you will crochet in both sides of the chains from the ch-row.
Round 1: Sc in 3rd ch from hook (1st ch sk counts as last ch on ch-row, 2nd ch sk counts as first st on round 1), sc 1 in the next 8 st on the first side, sc 3 in next st (making a turn), sc 1 in the next 9 st on the second side, sc 3 in next st (making a turn), do not end round (= 24 st).
Round 2: *BP 1 over the next 2 st*, repeat from *to* until end of round (=24 st, 12 BP).
Rounds 3-21: Repeat round 2. Round 22: *Sc 1 in the next 2 st, sk 1 st*, repeat from *to* until end or round (=16 st).
Round 23:*Sc 1 in next st*, repeat from *to* until end of round (=16 st).
Round 24: Repeat round 23.
Round 25: *Sl st 1 in next st*, repeat from *to* until end of round (=16 st).
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
Fold the fabric double & cut fabric a little bigger than the finished item.
Sew along the sides with the wrong side facing out. Put the lining inside the crocheted sunglasses pouch, and sew by hand, fastening the fabric to the top of the pouch.
You can follow instructions https://joyofmotioncrochet.com/how-to-line-a-hat/
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the Crochet Glasses Case!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet Crochet Sunglasses Pouch that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Crochet Glasses Case on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished Cute Sunglasses Pouch on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.