It’s another day & another opportunity to share a FREE crochet pattern, the crochet Infinity Cowl.
You’re going to love this FREE crochet pattern for the crochet Infinity cowl, because it’s super easy & works up quickly.
The yarn used is just awesome & comes in lots of different colors, I’m talking about We Are Knitters, The Wool.
The crochet Infinity Cowl isn’t going to require a lot of time to finish, just a few hours, depending on how fast you crochet. That makes this a truly great crochet gift & also a great crochet idea for markets.
Disclosure. The blog posts on this website may contain affiliate links. This means I’ll get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (with no additional cost to you). I only use these for products I use & have a great experience with & I feel gives value to you. Read more about my reasoning here.
This website also contains ads, which makes it possible for me to provide you FREE blog posts & crochet patterns. By sharing my content you make it possible for me to continue publishing FREE content. All content is shared with a good intention & is meant to inspire you to crochet! Thank you!
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
For the crochet Infinity Cowl, We Are Knitters – The Wool, is the suggested yarn. This yarn is 100 % wool & it is great to crochet with.
The wool makes it warm & of a high quality.
It comes in lots of different colors & you can never get bored.
I’m sure you’re going to love this yarn & remember to comment below & let me know which color you’re using!
THE PERFECT COWL CROCHET PROJECT
Nothings better than those bulky weight super fast crochet projects for the colder seasons. They can be crocheted in just one afternoon & looks amazing.
I love big cozy cowls because they can really keep you warm & can be used for both covering your neck & your head.
Since you like the crochet Infinity Cowl, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET INFINITY COWL – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The Infinity Cowl crochet pattern is a pattern for a really warm cozy infinity cowl. It has a beautiful textured stitch pattern that makes it thick & perfect for winter.
The pattern is written for only one size, however size adjustments are included throughout the pattern. Play around with colors to make it fit your style.
The infinity cowl crochet pattern is a easy crochet pattern. It’s made with 100 % wool yarn & will be your favorite for years to come.
Size 12 mm / US: O / UK: –
Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
We Are Knitters – The Wool.
Yarn amount used:
400 grams / 160 meters / 174 yards.
- 6 Super Bulky Yarn (5-6 wpi)
- 100 % wool
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
- Measuring tape
Measured with the bubblepattern crocheted in rounds:
6 stitches & 4 rounds per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width:27 cm / 11 inches.
Height: 31 cm / 12.5 inches.
*Measured with cowl laying on a flat surface.
- Pattern is written for just one size.
- Make the cowl higher or shorter by adding or reducing the number of stitches before you start rounds 1.
- Make the cowl wider or narrower by adding or reducing the number of rounds you crochet.
sc =single crochet
sl st =slip stitch
st =stitch (es)
yo =yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
You will need to use chains, single crochet stitches, slip stitches & the bubblepattern.
The bubblepattern is crocheted in 1 stitch & 1 stitch will be skipped. Each bubblepattern contains 2 stitches.
1. The bubble.
2. The Chain.
Written description: *Draw up a loop from next stitch, yo, draw up a loop from same st, yo, pull yarn through 4 loops on hook, ch 1, sk 1 st*, repeat from *to*.
When crocheting this stitch in spiral, you will place the bubble in a chain from previous round.
This cowl is crocheted in from the bottom up.
Ch 41 st, sl st in first st to make a circle.
Round 1: Ch 1, crochet 1 sc in ch from prev round, sl st in 1st ch from this round.
Round 2-19: Ch 1, follow instructions for “bubblepattern”.
You will not end each round, but continue to crochet the bubblepattern in spiral.
*Use stitch marker to mark off the first stitch in the round.
Round 20: Ch 1, crochet 1 sc in all st from prev round.
Round 21: Ch 1, crochet 1 sl st in all st prev round.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the Infinity Cowl!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your Infinity Cowl that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Infinity Cowl on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished Infinity Cowl on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.