You’re going to love the crochet Gylden Twist headband, because it’s such an easy make, it’s double brimmed & it’s such a great gift idea!
The best thing about this headband is the beautiful twist in the front, combined with the fact that it’s double brimmed & thus will keep you nice & warm!
It’s a super soft yarn, with a touch of luxury, the mohair. In addition to the mohair, the yarn is acrylic.
This definitely comes high on my list of favorite yarns from Lion Brand.
THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT CROCHET PROJECT
This headband is definitely the perfect crochet Christmas gift for women. It looks really expensive, but it’s also easy & affordable to make.
Make it with any yarn you’ve got at hand, & you’ll have the gift ready in just a few short hour or a couple of days!
It got the name Gylden, because of the golden tones the orange in the modeled headband has!
Since you like the crochet Gylden Twist Headband, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET GYLDEN TWIST HEADBAND – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The crochet Gylden Twist Headband is a beautiful double brimmed ear warmer crochet pattern.
It is skill level easy, because it’s mostly single crochet stitches, in an easy stitch repeat.
This pattern is written for only one size, but it is super easy to customize it to your own needs. Suggestions on size adjustments is written out in the pattern.
Size 5 mm / US: H – 8 / UK: 6
Hook I used: Symphonie Rose Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Yarn amount used:
<1 skein / 60 g / 186 m / 204 yards
- 3 light yarn, DK yarn.
- 90 % acrylic, 10 % mohair
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
Measured on stitch pattern crocheted in rounds:
18 stitches & 18 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width: 11 cm / 4.3 inches
Length (before crossing & seaming): 48 cm / 18.9 inches
- Adjust width by adding /reducing the number of stitches you start with, increased/decreased by 2 stitches at a time.
- Adjust length by crocheting more / less rows than suggested.
BLsc = back loop single crochet
Ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
FLsc = front loop single crochet
PM = place marker
St = stitch (es)
Yo = yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
Step 1: Ch 2 st.
Step 2: Insert hook into 2nd ch from hook, pull up a loop. Yo and pull through first loop (making “chain”). Yo and pull through both loops on hook.
Step 3: Insert hook into prev “chain” you made (It should look like you go through a resemblance of a “normal” st, with 2 strands of yarn), pull up a loop, yo and pull through first loop (making “chain”). Yo and pull through both loops on hook.
Repeat step 3 until you’ve made enough stitches. *2nd ch in step 1 makes 1 st, step 2 makes 1 st & every time step 3 is repeated you make 1 st.
BACK LOOP SINGLE CROCHET STITCH (BLsc):
Crocheted with the exact same steps as a normal single crochet, however you’ll only insert the hook in the back loop of the stitch.
FRONT LOOP SINGLE CROCHET STITCH (FLSC):
Crocheted with the exact same steps as a normal single crochet, however you’ll only insert the hook in the front loop of the stitch.
Make 43 stitches using the FSC method, sl st in 1st st.
Round 1: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), PM in ch, *BLSc 1 in next st, FLsc 1 in next st*, repeat from *to* until you reach PM, do not end round (=43 st).
BLsc in ch, PM.
Work all following rounds:
*FLsc, BLSc*, repeat from *to* until headband measures 48 cm / 18.9, you have crocheted 87 rounds or you reach desired length.
FLsc stitches will be worked in BLsc stitches and vice versa.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
- Cross the headband once lengthwise.
- Seam the short edges together with a needle.
- Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet Gylden Twist Headband!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet Gylden Twist Headband that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet Gylden Twist Headband on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished crochet Gylden Twist Headband on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.