HOW TO USE THE YARN YARDAGE CALCULATOR BASED ON STITCH LENGHT FOR KNITTERS AND CROCHETERS
The Yardage Calculator will help you calculate exactly how much yarn you’ll need.
- Start by choosing your input, cm or inches.
- Grab your yarn & add the skein info.
- Choose the number of specific stitches used for your project. This can be single crochet stitches, double crochet stitches, or groups of stitches.
*At this moment the calculator can only calculate for 2 stitches max.
- Crochet as many stitches as you want for for that specific stitch, aim for at least 10.
- Insert the number of stitches you made & rip them out.
- Measure how long the stitches where & insert below.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each specific stitch used.
- Find your pattern
- Add the number of rows/rounds for each stitch.
- Add the number of stitches for each row/round.
The results will then show below. Results in bold are usually most important!
Information specific for each stitch:
- Skeins needed
- Length for 1 stitch in both cm & inches
- Length for 1 row/round in cm & inches
- Total length all rows/rounds in cm & inches
- Total length all rows/rounds in meter & yards
- Total weight all rows/rounds in grams & oz
If you chose 2 stitches, you’ll also get the total for both stitches furthest down:
- Total skeins
- Total meters
- Total yards
- Total grams
- Total oz