You’re going to love the Crochet Summer Top!
It’s a beautiful crochet garment pattern for women in sizes XS to 5XL.
The construction if this crochet top is easy, as it’s just 2 crocheted rectangles. Meaning you’ll have fun exploring stitches while crocheting this top.
Love this pattern? Save on Pinterest!
Read about my inspiration & yarn I choose or scroll on down for the free pattern. Or simply grab the printable PDF pattern:
This crochet top was originally made with a limited edition yarn from Drops Yarns.
However Scheepjes has a great substitute, Cotton 8.
Cotton 8 comes in many amazing colors.
THE PERFECT SUMMER CROCHET PROJECT
This crochet garment for women is for sure perfect for summer.
What’s most exciting is the chance to explore multiple stitches while working it up.
Wear it with jeans or your favorite summer shorts.
Since you like the Crochet Summer Top, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET SUMMER TOP – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The Crochet Summer Top is the perfect summer garment for women. Sizes from XS to 5XL.
Super simple construction by seaming together two rectangles. Have fun exploring stitches while making this.
Size 4.5 mm / US: 7 / UK: 7
Hook I used: Symphonie Rose Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Drops Loves You 7 (discontinued).
Yarn amount used:
4-9 skeins / 200 – 450 g / 680 – 1530 m / 744 – 1674 yards
- 1 super fine, fingering yarn.
- 100 % cotton
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
Measured on double treble crochet stitch crocheted in rows:
17 stitches 6 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 9 sizes, where the different sizes is given in parenthesis like this: XS (S) M (L) XL (2XL) 3XL (4XL) 5XL. If just one number is given, it applies to all sizes. I recommend that
you highlight or circle the size you’re making before you begin to make the pattern easier to follow. Size adjustments are added under “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
- The Armholes can be adjusted to fit your preference when you crochet/seam the top together.
- The length can be adjusted by adding/reducing rows – see instructions.
ch =chains (s)
MFS =Mini Flower Stitch
sc =single crochet
sl st =slip stitch
st =stitch (es)
yo =yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
DOUBLE TREBLE CROCHET STITCH CLUSTER (DTCS):
2x yo draw up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops, yo, pull through 2 loops, 2x yo draw up a loop from same st, yo, pull through 2 loops, yo, pull through 2 loops, yo, pull through 3 loops.
Each DTCS is made in 2 st instead of 1, (either sc st or sl st).
MINI FLOWER STITCH (MFS):
1 MFS = 4 st.
In next st, draw up a loop, yo, draw up a loop from same st, yo, pull yarn through 4 loops on the hook, ch 1, draw up a loop from same st, yo, draw up a loop from same st, yo, pull yarn through 4 loops on the hook, sk 1 st, sc in next st, sk 1 st.
Crochet the MFS in 2 consecutive stitches. Don’t sk s as suggested in the written description.
*Slip stitches can be crocheted either in the whole stitch or in just the front loop to change the outcome slightly.
Front & back:
Crocheted from bottom to top. Make 2.
Ch 66 (74) 82 (90) 98 (106) 114 (122) 130 st.
Row 1: Sc in 3rd ch from hook (1st 2 ch counts as last ch from preparation row + 1st sc for row 1), 1 sc in each ch, turn (= 65 (73) 81 (89) 97 (105) 113 (121) 129 st).
Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as 1st st), crochet modified DTCS 1 in each st from prev row, turn (= 32 (36) 40 (44) 48 (52) 56 (60) 64 DTCS), (= 33 (37) 41 (45) 49 (53) 57 (61) 65 st total).
Row 3: Ch 2 (counts as 1st st), DTCS 1 in each DTCS from prev row, turn (= 32 (36) 40 (44) 48 (52) 56 (60) 64 DTCS), (= 33 (37) 41 (45) 49 (53) 57 (61) 65 st total).
Row 4: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), crochet a modified MFS in each the DTCS from prev row, turn (= 65 (73) 81 (89) 97 (105) 113 (121) 129 st).
Row 5-6: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), crochet MFS in each st from prev row (no modification for these rows), turn(= 65 (73) 81 (89) 97 (105) 113 (121) 129 st).
Row 7: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), crochet sc in each st from prev row, turn (= 65 (73) 81 (89) 97 (105) 113 (121) 129 st).
Row 8: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), crochet sl st in each st from prev row, turn (= 65 (73) 81 (89) 97 (105) 113 (121) 129 st).
Row 9: Repeat row 7.
Row 10: Repeat row 8.
Row 11-13: Ch 1 (counts as 1st st), crochet MFS in each st from prev row, turn (= 65 (73) 81 (89) 97 (105) 113 (121) 129 st).
Row 14: Ch 2 (counts as 1st st), crochet modified DTCS st in each st from prev row, turn (= 32 (36) 40 (44) 48 (52) 56 (60) 64 DTCS), (= 33 (37) 41 (45) 49 (53) 57 (61) 65 st total).
Row 15: Ch 2 (counts as 1st st), crochet DTCS st in each st from prev row, turn (= 32 (36) 40 (44) 48 (52) 56 (60) 64 DTCS), (= 33 (37) 41 (45) 49 (53) 57 (61) 65 st total).
Repeat row 4-15 5 times total = 71 rows/approximately 60 cm or 23.75 inches.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
- Seam / crochet together the sides (A in diagram).
- Seam / crochet together the shoulders (B in diagram).
- Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet summer top pattern!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crocheted summer top that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Crochet Summer Top on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.