You’re going to love this free pattern for the crochet Cito Bag. First of all, if you love crocheted bags, this amazing crochet pattern is perfect for you.
All you need is some yarn, a crochet hook & a few hours to kill. That’s it!
Not convinced yet? Well the crochet Cito Bag is also going to be your true companion whenever you need to bring something with you. Let say, shopping, traveling, bringing your crochet project? You got it.
Best of all, it’s a FREE crochet pattern.
Disclosure. Most blog posts on this website contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (no additional cost to you). Read more here.
This website also contains ads, which makes it possible for me to provide FREE posts & crochet patterns.
The crochet Cito Bag was made with a yarn from Lion Brand Yarn called Wool-Ease Chunky.
This yarn is 80% acrylic & 20 % wool & it is great to crochet with.
The wool makes it warm & it’s a great affordable yarn.
It comes in lots of different colors & you can never get bored.
I’m sure you’re going to love this yarn & remember to comment below & let me know which color you’re using!
THIS PATTERN IS PERFECT AT ANY TIME & ANYWHERE
Yes, you’re going to love to make this market bag at any time & anywhere. The crochet Cito Bag is great all year through.
Imagine bringing your brand new crochet market bag to any vacation. Snow or warm. It’s the perfect size for any crochet project. You can bring multiple extra skeins of yarn & everything you need for your current project.
Finally, go shopping with the crochet Cito Bag. No need to use extra plastic bags. Bring your crocheted market bag instead.
Since you like the crochet Cito Bag, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET CITO BAG – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
You’re going to love to crochet this pattern. The crochet Cito Bag is such a rewarding pattern & it works up fast. Nothing’s like a great bag pattern. It’s such a great crochet idea to make crocheted bags, in all shapes & sizes.
What’s especially neat about the crochet Cito Bag is that you don’t need to know any fancy stitches. It’s mostly half double crochet stitches, easy right?
Finally, it’s so fun to play with colors for market bags. So go crazy, have some fun!
Size 8 mm / US: L – 11 / UK: 0
Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Lion Brand Yarns – Wool-Ease Chunky.
Yarn amount used:
3 skeins / 380 g / 380 m / 415 yards
- 5 bulky yarn, 7 wpi.
- 80 % acrylic, 20 % wool
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
Measured with the half double crochet stitch crocheted in rows:
9 stitches & 8 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width: 45 cm / 17.7 inches*.
Height: 42 cm / 16.5 inches*.
Handles: 73 cm / 28.7.
*Measured with the bag laying on a flat surface.
- Pattern is written for just one size.
- Make the bag wider by adding extra stitches before you start row 1.
- Make the bag narrower by reducing the number of stitches you make before you start row 1.
- Make the bag deeper or shallower by adding or reducing the number of rows you crochet.
- Make the handles shorter or longer by adding or reducing the number of rows you crochet.
Note: Any size adjustments affects yarn usage & you might need more/less yarn than suggested.
ch = chain
hdc= half double crochet
prev = previous
st = stitch(es)
yo= yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
FOUNDATION SINGLE CROCHET (FSC):
Step 1: Ch 2 st.
Step 2: Insert hook into 2nd ch from hook, pull up a loop. Yo and pull through first loop (making “chain”). Yo and pull through both loops on hook.
Step 3: Insert hook into prev “chain” you made (It should look like you go through a resemblance of a “normal” st, with 2 strands of yarn), pull up a loop, yo and pull through first loop (making “chain”). Yo and pull through both loops on hook. Repeat step 3 until you’ve made enough stitches.
*2nd ch in step 1 makes 1 st, step 2 makes 1 st & every time step 3 is repeated you make 1 st.
MAIN PART/ FRONT & BACK:
Repeat this 2 times to make front & back.
Make 41 st using the FSC technique.
Row 1: Hdc 1 directly in 1st st (no chain), hdc 1 in the next 40 st, turn (=41 st).
Row 2-34: Repeat row 1.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Repeat this 2 times, once on the front & once on the back to make 2 handles.
On row 34 attach thread in 6th stitch with a slip stitch.
Row 1: Hdc 1 in the 6th, hdc 1 in the next 3 st, turn (=4 st).
Row 2: Hdc 1 in the 1st st (no chain), hdc 1 in the next 3 st, turn (=4 st).
Row 3-55: Repeat row 2.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
Note that the front & back are reversible, but make sure you fasten threads just on one side, that will then become the wrong side.
Place the front & back on top of each other, with the right sides facing each other.
Seam 3 of the sides, 1 short side (A in diagram), 1 long side (B in diagram), 1 short side (C in diagram), with either slip stitches & a hook or stitching with a needle.
Then seam the end of the handles to the 33rd, 34th, 35th & 36th st on row 34 on the same side, either using slip stitches & a hook or stitching with a needle.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the crochet Cito Bag!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crochet Cito Bag that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet Cito Bag on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished crochet Cito Bag on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.
JOY OF MOTION & THIS PATTERN TAGGED ON INSTAGRAM