BULKY MITTENS MATERIALS NEEDED:
This page is dedicated for the bulky mittens materials needed. You’ll easily get your hands on each of the materials needed & a short description of each. If I have more than one option for each of the materials, you’ll find them here. Finally, furthest down on the page I’ve dedicated a space for other makers that have used this pattern, with their yarn options & other materials needed for the bulky mittens.
Disclosure. This page contains affiliate links. To be able to serve you the best when it comes to fining the materials needed for this pattern I’ve made this page for you. As a result I’ll get a small commission if you click through, but it doesn’t affect your price. Finally you’ll be able to grab the yarn as quick as possible. To fulfill my dream of being a crochet pattern designer/teacher full-time I need to earn an income. Consequently by using these links you support my dream. Read more about my reasoning here.
The yarns listed below is the yarns Joy of Motion personally have used & tested the crochet pattern with. They are also the ones you’ll find in the crochet pattern. When you find more than one yarn the cheapest alternative is listed first.
- Plymouth Yarn – Galway Rowing. This yarn is one of the yarns the Bulky Mittens are designed with. It’s a soft yarn & the fiber is 100 % wool.
- Skeins needed: A little less than 2 skeins.
- It’s available here:
The crochet hook(s) listed below is the crochet hook(s) Joy of Motion personally have used & tested the crochet pattern with. They are also the one(s) you’ll find in the crochet pattern. When you find more than one crochet hook the cheapest alternative is listed first.
- KnitPro – Waves Crochet Hooks. These are the crochet hooks I used to design the bulky mittens. They are padded hooks & are comfortable to crochet with. They are a little heavier than wooden hooks, but the padded comfort is truly amazing. In addition you can purchase these both in sets & alone.
The needle(s) listed below are needles used to finish of the crochet pattern. However any needle that are big enough will essentially get it done.
The products listed below are not the exact products I’ve used to felt the bulky mittens on the inside, however they are the closest fit I could find. I’ve listed them to illustrate what you’ll need to felt them the way I did.
- Hard Brush/Dish Brush/Pan Scrubber. I used a hard brush, actually a pan scrubber to felt my bulky mittens on the inside. I used this manual technique to keep the stitch pattern intact on the outside of the mitten.
- Soap / Multi-Surface Cleaner. I used something called “grønnsåpe” in Norwegian as the soap to felt the yarn. However after searching for a while I’ve realized that this is what’s called multi-surface cleaner in English & is also known under the name Pine-Sol. It’s available here:
MATERIALS USED BY OTHER MAKERS:
The materials(s) listed below are the materials used & recommended by other makers for this pattern. Joy of Motion can not promise the result, however I would like to offer you options shared by other makers.
No makers has submitted their mittens with materials yet. Email Joy of Motion with a picture of your mittens + a couple of sentences about the bulky mittens materials needed/used to get featured. I’ll link to you for the feature.