It’s another day & another opportunity to share a FREE crochet pattern, the crochet Delicatus Wrist-Warmers.
To crochet wrist warmers are super easy & can be made with any crochet stitch.
What I love about these wrist warmers is the fact that they show of the broomstick lace stitch beautifully!
This stitch requires that you use both a crochet hook & yarn, as well as a “broomstick”. That can be anything really, but for this specific pattern I’ve used a 15 mm knitting needle.
Disclosure. The blog posts on this website may contain affiliate links. This means I’ll get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (with no additional cost to you). I only use these for products I use & have a great experience with & I feel gives value to you. Read more about my reasoning here.
This website also contains ads, which makes it possible for me to provide you FREE blog posts & crochet patterns. By sharing my content you make it possible for me to continue publishing FREE content. All content is shared with a good intention & is meant to inspire you to crochet! Thank you!
To crochet this pattern I used 100 % Alpaca yarn.
The reason behind my choice this time around was honestly the fact that I had some scrap yarn in my yarn stash. Using thin yarn for this project makes them easy & light to wear.
The thin yarn also makes the broomstick lace stitch look amazing.
THE PERFECT TRY A NEW STITCH CROCHET PROJECT
Behind this crochet pattern you won’t find a big design idea, but a cute one.
It’s made with the purpose of letting you try a completely new crochet stitch, without having to embark on a big, time consuming crochet project.
There’s no complex increases or decreases on this pattern, just crocheting back & forth in rows.
Since you like the Delicatus Wrist-Warmers, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET DELICATUS WRIST-WARMERS – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
Crochet pattern for the crochet Delicatus wrist-warmers. They are perfect to keep you warm all winter. They are also amazing & stylish to any occasion.
Give them your own look with your choice of color. This crochet pattern is also perfect for anyone who wants to make a unique quick gift.
Size 3,5 mm / US: E – 4 / UK: –
Hook I used: Symphonie Rose Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Filcolana – Indiecita.
Yarn amount used:
<1 skein <50 g / <160 m / <175 yards.
- 1 Super Fine yarn, Fingering yarn.
- 100 % alpaca
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
- Tape measure
- “Broomstick” = knitting needle 15 mm in diameter.
Measured with dc stitches 14 stitches per 10 cm / 4”.
Measured on broomstick lace stitches combination*: 9 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
Counts broomstick row & dc row as 1 each.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width (1/2 of the circumference): 10 cm /3.9 inches.
Length (from the thumb to wrist): 9 cm /3.5 inches.
*Measured with the wrist warmer laying on a flat surface.
Circumference: 20 cm / 7.9 inches
- Make the wrist warmers longer or shorter by adding or reducing the number of stitches you make before you start row 1.
- Adjust the circumference by adding or reducing the number of rows you crochet.
BL = back loop
ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
dc = double crochet
prev = previous
Sc = single crochet (tutorial)
Sl st = slip stitch (tutorial)
St = stitch (es)
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
You will need to use the “Broomstick Lace Stitch”, slip stitches, single crochet stitches & double crochet stitches.
BROOMSTICK LACE STITCH:
Crocheted in rows widthwise.
Ch 21 st.
Row 1: Sc in 3rd ch from hook (1st sk st counts as 1st ch on this row, 2nd skipped stitch counts as last stitch on ch row), sc 1 in all ch until end of row, turn (=20 st).
Row 2: With a “Broomstick” draw up a loop and move to the broomstick from the BL all st from prev row, turn (= 20 loops on broomstick).
Row 3: Move 5 loops from the “broomstick” over to the crochet hook, tighten with sl st 1 around the 5 loops, ch 2 st (counts as 1 dc), dc 4 st around the same loops, *Move the next 5 loops from “Broomstick” over to the crochet hook, tighten with sl st 1 around the 5 loops, dc 5 st around the same 5 loops*. Repeat from * to * until end of row (= 20 dc st, sl st made on this row doesn’t count).
Row 4: With a “Broomstick” draw up a loop and add to the broomstick from BL of all dc st from previous row.
Repeat row 3 & 4 until you have crocheted 19 rows.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fold double & seam the wrist warmers together, forming a tube.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the Delicatus Wrist-Warmers!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your Delicatus Wrist-Warmers that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Delicatus Wrist-Warmers on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished Delicatus Wrist-Warmers on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.
JOY OF MOTION & THIS PATTERN TAGGED ON INSTAGRAM