It’s another day & another opportunity to share a FREE crochet pattern, the crochet Citus Doormat!
You’re going love this free crochet pattern for the crochet Citus doormat. First of all, if you don’t have much time, this amazing crochet pattern is perfect for you.
All you need is a couple of skeins of fabric yarn, a big crochet hook and a few hours to kill. That’s it!
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
Disclosure. The blog posts on this website may contain affiliate links. This means I’ll get a small commission if you click-through & purchase (with no additional cost to you). I only use these for products I use & have a great experience with & I feel gives value to you. Read more about my reasoning here.
This website also contains ads, which makes it possible for me to provide you FREE blog posts & crochet patterns. By sharing my content you make it possible for me to continue publishing FREE content. All content is shared with a good intention & is meant to inspire you to crochet! Thank you!
For the crochet Citus doormat, you’re going to need some fabric yarn. Fabric yarn is typically recycled yarn, from fabric waste. It’s great to use for projects like bags, pillows etc. & obviously doormats.
Fabric yarn has typically on average the same thickness, which means you don’t have to go for a special brand, rather use what you can find & in the colors you like.
You can also make fabric yarn from old cotton clothes you don’t use anymore, that’s such a nice way to reuse rather than throw away. Added bonus, you can make without spending money!
For the pictured market bag, the yarn used for this project was: Welcome Yarn.
THE PERFECT CROCHET PROJECT FOR YOUR HOME
Yes, you’re going to love to crochet this doormat at any time & anywhere. The crochet Citus Doormat is a great project to crochet all year through.
Personally I love working with fabric yarns during summer & that’s also when I find it convenient to have a brand new doormat, because we use the doors leading to the garden.
Imagine sprucing up your doorway with a new doormat? The crochet Citus doormat is perfect for that. Why? Effortless cleaning with fabric yarn (= fabric is washable) & it’s really durable.
Finally, go as crazy as you’re comfortable with when choosing colors. Make it a fun colorful piece in your home or a clean one-colored piece. It’s up to you!
Since you like the Citus Doormat, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET CITUS DOORMAT – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
About the pattern:
The crochet Citus Doormat free crochet pattern is a quick & easy crochet pattern for the home. It’s designed to spruce up any doorway or entry with you own choice of color.
Since it’s made with t-shirt yarn & a big crochet hook, it stitches up in just a few hours.
- Crochet hook size 12 mm / US: 0 / UK: –
- Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
- Fabric Yarn:
- Yarn I used: Welcome Yarn – T-shirt Yarn
- Similar yarn: Hooked Zpagetti Solids
- Yarn amount:
- Color 1: 850 grams / 125 meters / 137 yards.
- Color 2: 850 grams / 125 meters / 137 yards.
- Find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
Measured with back loop half double crochet stitches:
0,5 stitches and 0,4 rows per cm // 5 stitches & 4 rows per 10 cm.
1.4 stitches and 1 rows per inch // 5 stitches & 4 rows per 4 inch.
Size & Measurements:
- Width: 77 cm / 30.3 inches.
- Length: 65 cm / 25.6 inches.
Size can be customized in 2 ways:
- Add/reduce the number of rows you chain in the beginning.
- Add/reduce the number of rows you crochet.
BLhdc = half double crochet in back loop
CA = color A
CB = color B
Ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
Hdc = half double crochet (tutorial)
Prev = previous
St = stitch (es)
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Gauge isn’t that important for this tutorial.
- But if trying to match gauge: Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis. It includes starting chain(s).
Techniques you will need:
- Crocheting in the back loop:
- This means that you will not crochet through the whole stitch as usual. A typical stitch contains two loops. One in the front, nearest you, and another stitch in the back, furthest away from you. One is called the front loop (the one nearest you), the other one the back loop, the one furthest away from you. For this pattern you will half double crochet stitches through the back loop.
Ch 45 st with CA.
Row 1 with CA: Hdc in the 4th st from hook (1st 2 st counts as 1st hdc, 3rd st counts as last ch on ch row), hdc 1 in each ch , turn (=43 st).
Row 2 with CA: Ch 2 st (counts as 1st BLhdc), BLhdc 1 in each st from previous row, turn (=43 st).
Rows 3-4 with CB: Repeat row 2.
Rows 5-6 with CA: Repeat row 2.
Row 7-26: Repeat rows 3-6 with colors alternating respectively.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
If you do feel it might turn out slippery, please add some liquid “sock stop” on the wrong side of the rug. Alternatively lay a anti slippery mat underneath.
Since this doormat is made with cotton t-shirt yarn, you can wash it in the washing machine to get all that dirt off it. Remember to lay it flat to dry & shape it.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the Citus Doormat!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your Citus Doormat that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Citus Doormat on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished Citus Doormat on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.