You’re going to love this super quick & fun crochet pattern for the crochet Cozy Slippers.
They are quick, big & super cozy.
These are definitely slippers that will keep you warm & toasty during the cold season!
To crochet the Cozy Slippers you can use almost any 6 Super Bulky yarn that are on the thicker side.
Personally I prefer using We Are Knitters The Wool, as the ones pictured in pink and grey.
THE COLD WEATHER PATTERN
The crochet Cozy Slippers are the perfect crochet project for the cold season.
They work up super quickly as they are made with super bulky yarn.
These are the warmest & beat slippers to wear after a day out in freezing temperatures.
Since you like the Crochet Cozy Slippers, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET COZY SLIPPERS – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
Crochet pattern for big, chunky, warm wool slippers. The slippers has size options that will fit most adults. Put these to use & keep yourself warm throughout fall & winter season.
Put these on & crawl up under a blanket on a fall evening or bring them with you for a weekend away. They are perfect after a cold day skiing or snowboarding – or after a rainy day.
Size 12 mm / US: O / UK: –
Hook I used: Waves Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
We Are Knitters – The Wool.
Yarn amount used:
2 colors 1 skein of each: 400 grams/160 meters/174 yards
- 6 Super Bulky Yarn (5-6 wpi)
- 100 % wool
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
Measured with the bubblepattern crocheted in rounds:
6 stitches & 4 rounds per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 3 sizes, A (B) C, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
A: Refers to size 35-37 EU, 5-6,5 US, 3-4 UK and measures approximately 22 cm / 8.7 inches.
B: Refers to size 38-39 EU, 7-8,5 US, 5-6 UK and measures approximately 24 cm / 9.4 inches.
C: Refers to size 40-42 EU, 9-10,5 US, 7-8 UK and measures approximately 26 cm / 10.2 inches.
- Adjust size by adding/reducing the number of rows you crochet on the heel.
BP = bubblepattern
ch =chain (s)
sc =single crochet
sl st =slip stitch
st =stitch (es)
yo =yarn over
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
The bubblepattern is crocheted in 1 stitch & 1 stitch will be skipped. Each bubblepattern contains 2 stitches.
1. The bubble.
2. The Chain.
Written description: *Draw up a loop from next stitch, yo, draw up a loop from same st, yo, pull yarn through 4 loops on hook, ch 1, sk 1 st*, repeat from *to*.
- When crocheting this stitch in rounds, you will place the bubble in a chain from previous round.
- When crocheting this stitch in rows, you will place the bubble in the bubble from previous row.
Made exactly the same for all sizes.
With color 1:
Round 1: Ch 4, sl st in 1st st to make a circle (=4 st).
Round 2: Ch 1, sc 7 in the circle, sl st 1 in 1st st (=8 st).
Round 3: Ch 1, BP 8, sl st in 1st st (=17 st).
Round 4: Ch 1, *BP 2 in next st, BP 2*, repeat from *to* 1 time, BP 2 in next st, BP 1 in next st, sl st in 1st st (=23 st).
Round 5-8: Ch 1, BP 11, sl st in 1st st (=23 st).
Fasten off & cut yarn.
With color 2:
Attach yarn to opposite side of the circle to the yarn you just fastened with a sl st.
Row 1: Ch 1, BP 11, sc 1, turn (=24 st).
Row 2-8 (9) 10: Repeat row 1.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the Crochet Cozy Slippers!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your Cozy Slippers that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Crochet Cozy Slippers on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished Crochet Cozy Slippers on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.