Today I’m sharing a great crochet pattern idea for Christmas with you, the Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland . It’s a great crochet idea for any scrap yarn you have laying around.
The Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland can be used when you wrap your Christmas Gifts, as a garland with multiple Christmas presents or to decorate your tree.
Like this crochet pattern? Save on Pinterest!
To crochet the Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland you can use any yarn you’d like.
I personally grabbed a unbranded scrap yarn I got laying around, its a 4 medium / aran weight yarn.
A suggestion is to use Lion Brand Yarn Kitchen Cotton.
THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS IDEA
The Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland is the perfect crochet Christmas idea.
Personally I’ve used the tiny crocheted presents to put a personal touch to my Christmas gifts, but there’s so many other ways it can be used.
No matter how you use them, they’re definitely a great idea to put you into the cozy Holiday mood.
Since you like the Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET CROCHET CHRISTMAS GIFT CROCHET GARLAND – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland is the perfect scrap yarn crochet pattern idea for the holiday season. It works up fast & you can make multiple in just an hour.
Make them to wrap your Christmas presents or as a garland, there’s so many possibilities.
Size 4.5 mm / US: 7 / UK: 7
Hook I used: Symphonie Rose Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
*Adjust according to your yarn.
- 4 medium yarn, Aran yarn.
*Any yarn can be used.
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
Not important as you can use any yarn & hook.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Not important for this pattern.
Note that you can adjust the size by changing your hook size & yarn thickness.
Ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
Sc = single crochet (tutorial)
Sl st = slip stitch (tutorial)
St = stitch (es)
With the ticker yarn:
Ch 10 stitches.
Row 1: Crochet sc in 2nd ch from hook. Continue in all ch from beginning row, turn.
Row 2-x: Ch 1, crochet sc in all st, turn.
Continue until you have crocheted a even square, fasten thread.
With lace thread:
Crochet sl st across the middle of the square both ways. Tie a small bow in the middle. To make this bow as easy as possible you can do one whole row first.
Then crochet towards the middle from both sides to tie the bow on the second.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked the Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland !
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE crochet pattern & share pictures of your Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland on Love Crochet.
- Share your finished Crochet Christmas Gift Crochet Garland on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE crochet pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE crochet pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE crochet patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.