You’re going to love this easy crochet dish towel pattern, Classic Striped Dish Towel.
If your kitchen or bathroom are in need for a touch of crochet, this pattern is perfect.
The stitch pattern used for this crochet towel makes for such a soft finish.
Love this pattern? Save on Pinterest!
Read about my inspiration & yarn I choose or scroll on down for the free pattern. Or simply grab the printable PDF pattern:
To make the crochet dish towel or hand towel, I suggest using cotton.
It will absorb well & are also quite durable.
For this pattern the yarn used are Lily Sugar’n Cream cotton, however if you’ve got other cotton yarns in your stash, they’ll work just as well.
What I like most about Lily’s Sugar and Cream is the fact that it comes in so many amazing colors, I’m sure you’ll find something that works well with your home.
A GREAT CROCHET PATTERN FOR THE HOME
If you’re looking for a quick & easy crochet project, the crochet dish towel is just perfect.
It’s mindless & works up fast.
What’s so great about it is the texture the crochet stitch used brings, which makes for great absorbing water or anything you’ve spilled.
You can choose to use it as a dish towel, but will also work just as well as a hand towel.
Since you like the crochet dish towel, these might interest you too?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CROCHET THAT?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
CROCHET DISH TOWEL – THE FREE CROCHET PATTERN
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
The crochet dish towel is a great crochet pattern for your home. If you’re in need of adding some crochet to your kitchen or bathroom, this pattern is just perfect. Choose if you want to use it it as a crocheted dish towel or hand towel.
With striped features & a textured crochet stitch, it’s perfect to absorb water or anything you’ve spilled. Use cotton yarn & you’ll have it for a long time.
Size 5.5 mm / US: I – 9 / UK: 5
Hook I used: Symphonie Rose Crochet Hooks from Knitpro
Lily – Sugar’n Cream in color Stonewash (CA) & Soft Ecru (CB).
Yarn amount used:
Color A (CA): 3 skeins / 167 g / 257 m / 283 yards
Color B (CB): 1 skein / 10 g / 15 m / 17 yards
- 4 Medium Yarn
- 100 % cotton
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Needle, find one here (if you don’t already have one)!
Measured on extra extended single crochet crocheted in rows:
12 stitches & 10 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
SIZE & MEASUREMENTS:
Width: 55 cm / 22 inches
Height: 37 cm / 14.5 inches
- Make the towel wider/narrower: Chain more/less stitches at the beginning to make it wider/narrower, add/reduce by 1 stitch at a time.
- Make the towel longer/shorter: Work more/less rows to make the towel longer/shorter, add/reduce by 1 row at a time. Make sure to add/reduce both before/after the stripes to achieve the same look.
CA = color A
CB = color B
Ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
St = stitch (es)
STITCHES YOU WILL NEED:
EXTRA EXTENDED SINGLE CROCHET:
In next stitch draw up a loop, yarn over, pull through 1, yarn over, pull through 1, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.
*When crocheting the next extra extended single crochet stitch, pull the hook with the loop & stitch down when inserting the hook in the next stitch, this will make the previous stitch break in the middle & create texture.
Start rows by turning and crocheting the extra extended single crochet directly in the first stitch.
End rows with an extra extended single crochet in the last stitch and turn to work next row.
With CA, ch 66 st.
Row 1 (with CA): EEsc 1 in 3rd ch from hook, EEsc 1 in each ch across, turn (=65 st).
Row 2 (with CA): EWsc 1 directly in 1st st, EEsc 1 in each st across, turn (=65 st).
Row 3 – 25 (with CA): Repeat row 2.
Row 26 (with CB): Sc directly in 1st st, sc 1 in each st across, turn (=65 st).
Row 27 (with CB): Repeat row 26.
Row 28 – 29 (with CA): Repeat row 2.
Row 30-31 (with CB): Repeat row 26.
Row 32 – 38 (with CA): Repeat row 2.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
SHARE IT & SHARE PICTURES!
I really hope you liked this crochet dish towel!
However, if you really like it, make sure to share the FREE pattern & share pictures of your crocheted dish towel that you’ve made with me.
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished crochet dish towel on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share this FREE pattern on Facebook
- Share this FREE pattern on Pinterest & save it to make later.
Thank you for sharing my FREE patterns & tutorials. When you do, you support me & the blog, which makes it possible to continue sharing free content with you. Which, I really love doing, so thank you!
Not all content on this blog website is free, but the more you share, the more free content I will be able to share. Note that all premium content are ad free.
All my crochet patterns can be used to produce & sell handmade, however you are required to let Joy of Motion know & credit Joy of Motion/Janne Kleivset as the designer by linking back to https://joyofmotioncrochet.com. You can not use my pictures when selling your handmade items. Finally, you can not resell, reprint or share any parts of my patterns as your own.